The stock sold at The Book House comes from items weeded out of the Forest Lodge Library’s collection and from the many, many donations we receive from those in the community who are “downsizing” their own collections. While we, and those who shop The Book House are very happy to have a wide selection to choose from there are still things that we are happy to receive AND things we really wish you’d take to the recycling facility yourself! We know, we know, it’s hard to throw books away. Hard not to think that SOMEone will want it. Here’s a break down of what we’re happy to receive…and what we hope you won’t send our way!
- New or gently used hardcover or paperback books. Adult or juvenile. The more current the better!!!
- Rare or classic title books in good condition.
- DVDs, Blu-Ray discs or audiobooks on CD.
- Board games and jigsaw puzzles.
- Recent issues of popular magazines. (within the last 3 years.)
NO, please, no! Items on this list should be recycled or thrown away!
- Water damaged, moldy, mildewed or smoke damaged books.
- Textbooks or encyclopedia sets.
- Business, investing, computer or tech books more than a year old.
- VHS or audio tapes.
- Brochures, Reader’s Digest Condensed books or Chicken Soup for ANYTHING titles.
Material donations can be dropped anytime in the vestibule on the east side of the Book House, towards the back of the building. The outside door is unlocked. There are empty boxes available to move your items into if you cannot leave your containers.
Thanks for thinking of us!