The Katie Flowers Endowment, in support of the Forest Lodge Library, has established a fundraising goal of 2.5 million dollars to finance the cost of a library expansion facility which will be located in the lot adjacent to the existing log cabin library and will be attached to that facility by a connecting corridor.
This expansion facility will enable the Forest Lodge Library to offer enhanced library services to patrons and visitors and will fulfill a community need for public meeting space for small and medium groups, including workspace and aligned technology for businesses working remotely. The proposed design allows us to continue to utilize the beloved log cabin as an essential part of the library while the expansion will offer additional resources and services.
- The Forest Lodge Library has been located in the 1004 square foot log cabin since 1925 which, while charming, places severe constraints on the size of the collection. The expansion facility will allow us to retain purchased materials and reintegrate collection that has been stored off-site.
- The expansion facility is sized to accommodate anticipated space needs through 2040.
- Increased and enhanced technology services will serve community needs.
- The new facility will allow the Forest Lodge Library to offer increased handicapped accessibility and to be in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The Forest Lodge Library will be able to offer expanded services for children and age appropriate space for young adults.
- A Community Room and Study Room space will enable the library to offer daytime programming as well as space for individual instruction. At present, all programming must be scheduled after operating hours or off-site and there are no private spaces for one-on-one sessions.
- The planned facility offers a dedicated parking area, improving safety for visiting patrons.
- The log cabin will remain an integral and active part of the library and be principally an adult area for quiet reading and computer engagement.
- Already a destination, an enhanced library facility will draw more visitors to downtown Cable.
Support is sought at many levels. Naming Opportunities are still available. To discuss a Naming Opportunity, a donation or pledge, a stock transfer or a significant gift please contact Library Director Kristine Lendved at 715-798-3189 or firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the Forest Lodge Library or Katie Flowers Endowment Board of Trustees or any member of the Capital Campaign Executive Committee or Cabinet. We welcome your support!
The Katie Flowers Endowment, trade name Forest Lodge Library KFE is a legally enjoined Wisconsin 501 ( c ) 3 that functions as the fundraising arm of the Forest Lodge Library and whose sole purpose is to support the library.