You Did It!
When the End of Year Fundraising Campaign launched, we knew it could be a challenge to get to half of our total Library Expansion fundraising goal by New Year’s Eve 2023. We also knew how much our community values the library and thanks to the generosity of everyone, from year-round and part-time residents to local businesses, organizations, and other donors, the goal was achieved.
Regardless of age, interest, income, or abilities, the library has something for everyone. And everyone came together to support their library and their community. Your generosity is appreciated, and every dollar helps to build the library expansion. Thank You!
Why is Half-Way Important?
This fundraising milestone matters because it:
• Allows us to pursue public and private grants, many of which require a sizable portion of the funds to already be raised.
• Better positions us to reach out to potential major donors given the strong showing of community support.
• Makes it possible to launch a public fundraising campaign this spring.
The Katie Flowers Endowment Board of Directors (KFE) and the Forest Lodge Library Board of Trustees (FLL) are busy working on:
• Applying for grants, including a Local Projects Grant through the Wisconsin Department of Administration.
• Obtaining current construction estimates as costs have moderated somewhat.
• Planning a public fundraising campaign that will launch in May and conclude at the end of December of 2024.
Construction could then begin in spring of 2025, which would be a great way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Forest Lodge Library.
What Can You Do?
If you have not yet donated, please do so today.
- Give online here: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/bnt8YDrl7yGY6SJKYwmXmg
- Make a pledge here: https://forestlodgelibrary.org/forest-lodge-library-expansion-project-pledge-possibilities/ (take up to three years to complete your pledge)
- Check out Naming Opportunities here: https://forestlodgelibrary.org/forest-lodge-library-expansion-naming-opportunities/, or contact Forest Lodge Library at 715-798-3189 to discuss more giving options.
- Please tell your friends, neighbors, employer, and others about this exciting expansion project and encourage their support.
- There are a variety of volunteer opportunities to support the Library Expansion project including helping with the public fundraising campaign – stay tuned!
- Consider joining one of the boards as vacancies occur.
There is a tremendous amount of talent and experience in our community, along with a willingness to volunteer so please contact Director Westlund at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 715-798-3189 if you are interested in getting involved with the library expansion project or serving on one of the boards.