Dear patrons! We are glad that we will be able to serve you again, although with some conditions!
- We can only offer items from our own collection. No, we have no idea, yet, when interlibrary loan will be functional again.
- We ask you to call us at 715-798-3189 (and leave a message if there is no answer) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate your requests.
- We will respond to you and let you know if and when we’ll be able to fulfill your requests. (and offer alternate suggestions if preferred titles are unavailable!)
- We will have several “windows of opportunity” for pick-up M-F (11-1 and 3-5) and one on Saturday. (11-1) When we contact you regarding whether your items are available, we’ll ask you to let us know which “window” you’ll plan to pick-up in.
- If you are not able to collect your items at any of the above times we will work with you to identify a time mutually convenient for all.
- Your order will be filled by a single glove wearing library staff person. It will be placed in a plastic bag and identified with the last 4 digits of the phone number listed in your library record.
- If it is a fair day, your items will be placed on a table located in front of the library for your identified pick-up time. If it’s not a fair day, they’ll be on the steps, under the front awning.
- If another patron is picking up their items, please wait until they’re finished and honor social distancing recommendations of minimum 6 feet.
- Returned items should be pushed through the slot in the front door, not left on the table or front steps.
- All items will have been quarantined before being made available to you. If you’ve read a wonderful book and want your neighbor to get it next, yes, we can hold it for them, but, it will need to be quarantined for 72 hours first and then sanitized.
- While we are making every possible effort to handle library items with great care and according to the recommendations of the CDC we ask you to use your own judgement as to whether these items should be quarantined again, in your own home, before using them.
- No, sorry, we cannot admit you to the library to browse our collection. YOU can browse it, online, by connecting to the catalog at https://merlin.nwls.lib.wi.us/. Be sure you have selected CABLE via “limit search” within the Quick Search box.
- Please, NO DONATIONS at this time!
Please be sure that working to protect the good health of patrons and staff is a top priority